Stay in a renovated historical house. Enjoy the locally sourced breakfast and the mountain views from the balcony.
Casal de Palacios also known as “The grand house of Palacios”, was built between 1876 and 1882 at the initiative of the great-grandfathers of the current owner.
The historical house is organized around the courtyard and it has been recently renovated. Most of the rooms have a balcony overlooking Montesinho Natural Park.
The rooms are luminous spaces from which to enjoy the rural tranquility and hear the birds chirping in the morning. Enjoy a fantastic breakfast with locally sources jams and olive oil served by hospitable owners.
Located about 15km northwest of the city of Bragança, the village of Palácios, is inserted on the edge of the Montesinho Natural Park. The compact, rugged topography, coated with fragile spontaneous vegetation, announces the presence of the Serras de Sanábria, Montesinho and Nogueira.
The image of the surroundings is characterized by the mixture of cultivated areas and forests of oaks, ash trees, “negrilhos” and chestnut trees.
The area has many buildings of relevant historical and architectural value, with a very representative weight in the culture of the region.